First european electronic playground
A live computor game - a so called ground"ground" for youth will be inaugurated on wednesday in the Nydalsparken Park in the suburb Tensta. The new playground is not for small children but for youngsters aged 10-15. The new elecronic ground has three different tools with several games that rewards flexibility, strength and speed - but also cooperation.
Yasuragi Spa best in Sweden
The japanese inspired Yasuragi Spa at Hasseludden was chosen the Best Spa (of 29 possible) in Sweden according to the montlhy helth magazine Leva . Factors such as food, workout, rest and treatments were taken into consideration. Centralbadet and Sturebadet are two other alternatives for recreation in the city.
Taxi at a fixed price
Busy traffic and a running taxameter is no longer a fact in Stockholm. Taxi Stockholm introduces fixed prices in the city. The prices varie depending on time and day and the customer can decide whether they want to pay by taxameter or use the fixed price.
Innovative gourmet restaurant
The food tasted fantastic and was presented in a very innovative, creative and fun way. The restaurant is a "dream come true" for the two chefs, they told me. They had been searching for a venue for the past four years and have during the time tried and collected their favorite recipes in order to start the restaurant. This fact is obvious for every guest: The food is made with nr 1 ingrediences and prepared with love and care. The creative presentation is just one way for them to express their whole concept and love that they put into this restaurant. I must say, I was amazed. And I will not reveal any of their presentation secrets - that would spoil the whole idea.
The Franzén Lindeberg also offers a "chambre separé", a separate entrance with its own table with room for ten people, private bathroom , bar and sommellier.
Soft adventures in Stockholm
Combine kayak or walking with comfortable beds and a nice dinner. Stockholm Adventures is a new company focusing on so called soft adventures, outdoor activities and comfort, perfect for a city break. Here are some of the packages:
SeaKayaking with luxury for both beginners and experienced paddlers includes two days of seakayaking, all equipment, comfortable accommodation, experienced guide and full board. This part of the archipelago is made up of a labyrinth of islands that are just ideal for exploration by kayak. The accommodation for this trip is in comfortable double rooms on one of the small outermost islands just at the water´s edge.
2 days hike with luxury includes full board, comfortable accommodation at a B&B and a map . Its a perfect way for a couple or some friends to explore a part of the hiking tour Sörmlandsleden and enjoy a nice dinner in a comfortable environment. You reach the startingpoint from the communterstation Handen, just some 20 minutes from the central station.
6-hour hike at Tyresta National Park includes lunch and hikeguide. Wild country on the edge of the city. Tyresta National Park is the nearest National Park to the capital city. In parts of Tyresta the forest is a rugged forest full of giant trees and There are desolate small moors, dramatic cliffs and clear forest lakes. However, the forest is also of cultural interest and contains traces of those who lived here tens of thousands of years ago.
Elite Stockholm Plaza hotel is expanding
Elite Hotel Stockholm Plaza is expanding. The hotel has now 143 rooms and are now building 57 additional rooms, to be opened in 2010.
The Elite Group have three hotels in Stockholm:
Elite Hotel Stockholm Plaza
Elite Hotel Arcadia
Elite Palace Hotel
New-old hotel on Östermalm
Former Hotel Arcadia in Stockholm has been renovated. The new hotel: Elite Hotel Arcadia is now a four star hotel with 91 rooms.
Located on Östermalm in central Stockholm not far away from the legendary 1912 Olympic Stadium and the Royal institute of Technology you will find The Elite Hotel Arcadia. It is an elegant property from the late fifties where guests can enjoy a newly renovated hotel with a four star service.
ABBA the Museum delayed
On June 4, 2009, ABBA the Museum was scheduled to open in Stockholm. But it has become clear that the project is more complicated than what was predicted earlier, and also that the renovation of the 100-year-old Stora Tullhuset - the location of the museum - will take longer than expected. This means that it's not possible to open ABBA the Museum in Stockholm in 2009.
- It's better to make this decision at an early stage, even though it's a sad message. Everyone involved has high expectations, but now we are faced with the facts that we won't be able to open June 4 on the intended premises. Therefore we have to take appropriate action and review our plans, and open ourselves to new ideas. Because there is no doubt that there will be an ABBA museum, although it may take a while longer than expected, says Ulf Westman, founder of ABBA the Museum.
As a first step in this new process, the museum management has agreed with the building-owner Stockholms Hamnar (Ports of Stockholm) to cancel the present agreement. This provides an opportunity to find new solutions and to keep all doors open at this stage. It remains to be seen whether the museum ultimately will be located in the original premises of Stora Tullhuset.
- To create an ABBA museum is a fantastic initiative, both for Stockholm and for ABBA lovers the world over. We really hope that a solution will be found and that the museum will become a reality, preferably at Stora Tullhuset, says Christel Wiman, CEO/Group Managing Director of Stockholms Hamnar.
Despite this sad news, the initiators have a bright outlook on the future. The interest in the museum is incredibly large the world over and new investors are entering the project, which will secure its financial future. There is no doubt that there will be an ABBA museum, although it may take a while longer than expected
Those who have purchased tickets may use their right to receive a refund.
Fire over sea and land archipelago festival
At the end of the peak tourist season, the archipelago becomes an oasis of peace and quiet. The Fire over Sea and Land Festival is an invitation to one and all to enjoy fall in all its glory. During several lyrically beautiful evenings, torchlight processions, fireworks, and bonfires on rafts will illuminate the archipelago. In addition, artistic performances and various activities will add to the festive atmosphere. For more information on archipelago restaurants that will be serving their most delicious, fall-inspired dishes. October 18.
Thirteen new clubs in Stockholm this autumn
- T - four different electronic clubs on thursdays at Berns
Stockholm Zoo - techno and international djs at different locations
- Baba Sonic - indie club at Rocks on fridays
- "En afton med" club with star themes at Debaser medis
- Ess - techno wednesdays at Marie Laveau .
- Flyktsoda - Pop club with live performances at Debaser Slussen.
- Licking Fingers - Concretes record company club at Debaser Medis
- On Our Honeymoon - pop club once a month at Alcazar, Nalen
- Playgirlz - french house at Berns one friday every month
- Rymden - club at Debaser Medis
- Stash - fridays at Marie Laveau
- Svenska Musikklubben - bar club with live performances and dj at Debaser Slussen
- What we do is secret - rockclub with live performances at Debaser Slussen
- Yes! - hip hop djs at Mosebacke
Autumn walks for your personality
Photo: Svenska Bilder Västerbron bridge
One third of Stockholm City consists of green parks. Autumn walks are lovely in Stockholm. The daily City newspaper lists 7 different walks for 7 different personalities. Choose your favorite:
1) The Sporty (5,7 km) around Årstaviken starting on the new Årstabron-bridge ending at Tantolunden park.
2) The wet (6,8 km) where you combine food, drink and exercise around Riddarfjärden-lake by the City hall, Rålambshovsparken-park, Västerbronbridge, södermälarstrand and Gamla Stan. There are plenty of waterholes on your way.
3) The Cultural (1,7 km) from Ropsten metrostation accross the bridge to Millesgården
4) The Botanic (2,6 km) around the Hagapark from Norrtull to the Coppertents
5) The Classic (4,2 km) the Djurgården tour from Djurgårdsbron bridge, via Rosendal and Blockhusudden back to Skansen and Gröna Lund.
6) The dog (1,3 km) from Pampas Marina via Ulfsunda sjön lake towards Hufvudsta Gård manor house
7) The Adventure (2,2 km) a walk along the cliffs at Fredhäll under the bridge and to Solstugan-café with a view
Shop and cafee
Is shopping and coffeebreaks your idea of a great day. Why not, then, enjoy them both at the same time.The latest trend in the city is for boutiques to have their own coffee corner as well. The Allt om Stockholm site lists some of the shops where you actually can shop til you drop down on a chair for a typical swedish "fika".
Publik at lifestyle PUB Departmentstore, Hötorget, City
Sivletto, the fifties lifestylestore, Malmgårdsvägen 16-18, Södermalm
PetSounds music store, Skånegatan 53, Södermalm
GrandPa, interior and fashion, Fridhemsgatan 43, Kungsholmen
Larrys corner, music and books etc, Grindsgatan 35, Södermalm
Coctail delux, Södermalm
Café Espacio & Retrodesign, café and interior, Industrigatan 9, Kungsholmen
Scandic launches gym at all hotels
Photo: Scandic Hotel Anglais
Scandic Hotel wants to be the healthiest business in the tourism industry. They are therefore launchying a new gym concept at all of their 147 hotels according to Konferensvärlden. By January 2009 they will open new gyms at most of the hotels.